Upcoming Events
  • April 22-26 Early Voting
  • April 25 - Softball Playoff Game 7:00
  • April 26 | Publication Day
The Student News Site of Joshua High School

Homecoming Parade

Students Participate In Parade
Homecoming+Parade
GritPhotographyTx

This year’s Homecoming Parade happened in the summer heat, on Sept. 6. The Owl Flight team spent a day and half on their float. When the day finally came to place everything on the truck (a.k.a the float) it took approximately 20 to 30 minutes, but the heat of the sun made it feel like  an hour. The heat was intense, everyone was red in the face and sweat was dripping down their faces. Most of the people came out to support JHS of course, but some came to just the parade, to see the floats.

Each of the groups experienced different difficulties in preparing for the parade. 

O&D Sports Photography

“The most difficult part was being out in the heat and putting the decorations on the truck,” sophomore Serenity Rodgers said. “ The [Homecoming Parade] lasted maybe an hour and a half and I had so much fun. This was my first time being in the parade.” 

Rodgers is not the only person who had an issue with the heat.

“My least favorite part of the parade would be the heat,” English teacher and yearbook adviser Mr. Vogelgesang said.

The parade wasn’t an experience of only difficulties, however.

O&D Sports Photography

“The best part of the parade was all the free candy, because it got everyone excited, from the young children to the parents, ” Mr. V said.

In spite of the free treats, it wasn’t all fun and games for the parade participants.

“[My least favorite part] of the parade would be the heat because it was so hot during the whole process,” Rodgers said. “But [I was most disappointed by]  the students and young children not being as excited about  the parade as I thought they would be.” 

Though some parts of any event may be disappointing, everyone should do their part.

‘My aunt, my cousin, and I came here to support our school,” Rodgers said. “ The Owl Flight team wanted to get everybody hyped for the homecoming football game.” 

O&D Sports Photography

Mr. V had a suggestion for improving next year’s parade.

“The pee-wee football teams are great, however there were a bunch,” he said. “Maybe consolidate the amount of pee-wee football teams that can participate.”  

Though some things could definitely be improved, people love to see the floats.

The best decorations would be the Softball team’s float, because they were the most spirited out of all the participants,” Mr. V said. 

O&D Sports Photography