Upcoming Events
  • May 22: Senior Parade
  • May 15: Senior Awards and Celebration
  • May 14: Buff Puff
The Student News Site of Joshua High School

Senior Traditions

https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en

For many, senior year is the one thing that gets us through the three other years of high school. Seniors are like the kings and queens of the campus, and they get rewarded for their other years with fun traditions. From senior skip day to senior sunrise, our seniors get recognized for their hard work and dedication that has gotten them to where they are. What are some of your favorites?

Grace Pflueger, senior: “ [I am most excited for] the senior car parade.”

“I think it’s really fun to drive around and show off your college or future plans that are tagged on your car. I also like the fact that you get to go to your elementary school afterwards.” 

Dakota Nolan, senior: “[I am most excited for] senior breakfast.” 

“It is the one I am most excited for because I’ll get to spend time in the morning with my parents, and then go on to graduate later that day.”

Mckenzie Mounger, senior: “My favorite senior tradition is being able to go back and visit our Elementary and middle school campuses on our senior walk.” 

“I’m most excited to see all my old teachers and watch [their] faces light up from how grown we all are.”

Chloe Brooks, senior: “[I am most excited for] graduation.”

“I will be able to move forward with my life and do more things.”

Benjamin Valenzuela, senior: “[I am most excited for] anything but a backpack day. 

“[Because I get to walk] across the stage knowing I did it after years of hard work.” 

Kiara Lackey, senior: “[I am most excited for] graduation.”

“I am excited for graduation because it [is] something I have been looking forward to since freshman year. And most of my family members will all be together.”

Jacob Cooper, senior: “[I am most excited for] senior assassin.”

“Because it allows us to all play a game together that we can be as involved as we would like and it allows us to meet and see people we may have not met before.” 

Kennedi Boren, senior: “Prom is my favorite senior celebration!” 

“[Because of] the dancing and time I get to spend with all of my friends.”

Ava Ozmun, senior: “[I am excited for the] senior prank, especially last year when they wore roller skates.”

“[I am most excited for it because] it is fun.”