Upcoming Events
  • Class of 2024: Graduation May 23
  • May 22: Senior Parade
The Student News Site of Joshua High School

Technological Classroom

Students’ Views on Technology in School
Technological+Classroom
PickPik

Technology has existed in schooling since 1959 and has been a huge part of our campus for a long period of time. Students may use Chromebooks and at times smart boards, allowing them to access the Internet and do more online-based assignments.

This technology has changed over the years and created more opportunities than ever before. Students have noticed a great change in the amount of technology used on our campus, specifically, over time.

“When I first came to Joshua High School Chromebooks were the only type of technology that I used or interacted with every day,” senior Reese Reynolds said. “Now, as a senior we have smart boards that our teachers use on the daily.”

Technology in schooling and paper in schooling have their differences and similarities. They benefit one more than the other. When asked, sophomore Brian Ellison stated that he believed a school based more on technology would be more beneficial than a paper based one.

“I think that a school focused on technology would provide for more options for learning and teaching,” Ellison said. “It would allow teachers to teach subjects in different and varied ways.”

Stress can, at times, be a concern when talking about technology in schooling. When students were asked, a common response came up in answers about this topic: Technology relieves stress most of the time.

“Technology takes stress away in a schooling environment,” Ellison said. “It is a more comfortable way to complete assignments.”

However, this technology has greatly benefited some students whilst causing problems for others. To some extent this may change the way students interact and think for the better and for the worse.

“It can be harder to focus when you are doing work on the Chromebook,” junior Mary Stiles said. “And it can be straining on your eyes.”

Using this technology, while allowing students more chances to accomplish tasks and problems, also helps integrate how technology will work in jobs as more and more careers become computer related.

“I do believe that technology should stay integrated in schools,” Stiles said, “…As the years go by, technology is more and more prevalent in jobs and everyday life.”