• October 7How 'bout them Owls? Congratulations Fighting Owls!

• April 28Congratulations NJROTC! Joshua NJROTC is a Distinguished Unit with Academic Honors!!

• January 6Happy 2017!!!

Filed under Announcements, Showcase

New Beginnings

For many students, the end of the year means the beginning of summer time fun and a new school year in the fall.  For others, it signifies their beginning to adulthood as they dive into the new world that is college.

Graduation is just around the corner, and many seniors are preparing to go off to college and start a new journey. Many students have already been accepted into their college, and all that’s left to do now is count down the days until they walk across the stage to accept their diplomas. Graduation is May 25 at 8:00 p.m.

Seniors are more than ready to get out of high school and begin a new school year at their chosen college, but despite this eagerness to get on the road, many students are appreciative that JISD helped them succeed.

“I’m ready to start college,” senior Chris Hardy said. “I’m glad that I was able to come to Joshua my whole life.”

Freshmen who are about to commence their high school career are also sharing similar feelings. In the fall, they will migrate over to the main campus and begin their own personal countdown toward graduation. However, they do have some mild fears about joining the upperclassmen at the main campus.

“I’m a little worried about getting lost,” upcoming sophomore Gabby Wood said. “I haven’t spent a ton of time in the high school, but since I have debate there, I think I’ll manage.”

In response to once similar fears, the seniors provided a little insight for the future sophomores so that they could relax a bit more on their big first day in a new building.

“It might seem like you’re just beginning something that seems like a long, big part of your life, but it really isn’t,” senior Jaye Freyer said. “It goes by really quickly. So don’t stress yourself out over it too much.”

For more logistical assistance, “Use the breezeway,” Hardy added. “And get out of everybody’s way.” Pay attention, kids.  The man speaks wise words.

The high school campus has helped many seniors achieve their goals and rewarded them with new skill sets and ideas for the future. Like its neighbor across the street, the ninth grade campus has also prepared the upcoming sophomores for their journey at the high school.

“The ninth grade campus gave me so much more freedom than the middle school,” Wood said. “It was definitely a great and necessary transition that I think will help me next year.”

Out with the old and in with the new; both seniors and sophomores are excited to embark on a new chapter in their lives.