AP Environmental Science

Great Possibility for Advanced Science Class

Due to such a small number of students signing up for AP Environmental Science, the course will not be offered for the 2022-2023 school year. 

Students should sign up for Advanced Placement Environmental Science in the 2023-2024 school year to learn essential skills and about the natural world, have an alternative advanced science class, and gain additional credit for high school. 

AP Environmental Science teaches skills necessary for jobs in STEM such as analyzing data, identifying hypotheses in research papers, and problem-solving skills. The class prepares students for jobs in Marine Biology, Geography, Microbiology, Ecology, Meteorology, et cetera which are very high paying and important jobs. 

The class provides an alternative AP science class for juniors and seniors. Other options are AP Chemistry, Physics I, Biology, and Dual Credit Anatomy and Physiology. Environmental Science is a great addition for students interested in natural science. 

Although the class is beneficial to students interested in science, only four students signed up for the 2022-2023 school year. Ultimately, the low number of signees led to the decision to cancel the class for now, because not enough students had knowledge about the exciting new offer. 

Along with preparing teenagers for jobs in the scientific field, AP Environmental Science also educates students about the natural world, life science, and physical science. Over the year, students in AP Environmental science learn in units covering ecosystems, biodiversity, populations, earth systems and resources, land and water use, energy resources and consumption, aquatic and terrestrial pollution, and global change. 

Students should sign up for AP Environmental Science next years, so the class would be available for the 2023-2024 school year.