12th Annual Gallery Night

Local Artists Showcase Talent

Student Council’s 12th Annual Gallery Night was March 4 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. This event helps showcase student, as well as faculty, art. These participants may display and/or sell their art.

For about two weeks now, StuCo has been preparing for the gallery night.

“We’ve organized all the art throughout the StuCo room, so that it is ready to display,” senior Stuco member Mariah Kessler said. “We have made 250 labels in order for the artists to be able to sell their art.”

Every year, the artists show their hard work and dedication through their art pieces. Junior Belle Johnson is one of these artists.

“We’ve been preparing for the last two weeks, but some people have been preparing for the entire school year,” Johnson said.

Each artist submits their own unique piece(s). Some of which were also shown at the Visual Arts Scholastic Event or VASE.

“Each student has their own strength,” Art I and Art II teacher Tamara Steele said. “Some are good at paintings. Some are good at pencil work, and some are good with 3D art.”

During Art Gallery Night, the community can see the diverse art pieces these dedicated artists have created.

“It’s fun to see how the artists express their emotions through their artwork,” Kessler said.

The community is encouraged to come out and help support the students of Joshua High School and enjoy the amazing art the students and faculty are creating.

“It’s a great experience for the parents, faculty, and community to see what kinds of art our students are creating,” Steele said.