Prom 2017

Students prepare for one of their most memorable nights.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Prom 2017

Ready for prom?

Scheduling nail appointments, picking out tuxedos and ball gowns, finding the best hairdressers in the town, and don’t forget the promposals.

Joshua will have their annual prom in May. There’s been a lot of buzz about prom as students prepare to make memories that will last a lifetime.

For some, this is their first prom and they are more than excited to be able to experience this event in their high school career.

“I’m super excited because prom is something I’ve been looking forward to for so long,” junior Kennedy Brown said. “I am mainly looking forward to finding my dress and getting ready.”

For seniors who are returning for a night of memories and fun, they are just as pumped as the juniors. This is one of the many events that the seniors will hold dearly to their heart as they prepare to graduate.

“Everyone is there to have fun, so dance however you feel like,” senior Hannah Early said.

As the date draws closer, students are growing more and more eager for prom to come around. All over social media, girls are posting pictures of their dresses. For those who are in need of a dress, the University Christian Church in Fort Worth is giving away free prom dresses. They will open March 30th and end on May 11. (see image for more details)

The Bollywood themed prom holds a lot of promising aspects, and students on Prom Committee have been bustling to get things done to make it one of the greatest proms ever.

“I’m excited to actually know more people who are going this year,” junior Payton Limon said. “I think regardless of the atmosphere, if you surround yourself with people who are just trying to have a good time, you’ll inevitably have a good time.”