Filed under Entertainment

6 Things to do Over the Holiday Break

Are you looking to do something more than watch Netflix and procrastinate your dreaded projects assigned during the break? If so here are six suggestions for places to go and things to do over Holiday Break.

See a Holiday Movie

You can be festive and relax at the same time by watching a holiday film over the break. Whether it be at home with a cup of hot chocolate watching the channel Freeform, which will be playing classics such as Frosty the Snowman, Home Alone, and Elf, or at Bureleson Premiere Cinema 14 where new films such as Bad Santa 2 and Almost Christmas are playing as well as the more iconic ones such as The Polar Express and Dr. Suess’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas. No matter what you chose, you can’t go wrong with watching a holiday film over the break. There’s more information here: http://freeform.go.com/news/all-shows/25-days-of-christmas-schedule-2016

http://www.pccmovies.com/theater.php?rtsID=58098

Look at Christmas Lights

If you have the time and money, attending Prairie Lights is a memorable and interesting experience. Located about 45 minutes away and open on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Year’s Day, it is worth the drive and ticket price. Information on website ttps://prairielights.org

However, if your holiday plans are already through the roof and you can’t seem to find the time to make it to Grand Prairie, you can always drive through your own neighborhood. With hot chocolate and 102.1 The Star, or your own Christmas playlist, playing on the radio you can still have just as an enjoyable and fun time.

Get Your Thrill on at Six Flag’s Holiday in the Park

Enjoy your holiday in the perfectly enchanting winter wonderland that is Six Flags over Texas’s Holiday in the Park. Experience thrilling amusement rides, a meet and greet with reindeer, sledding the big snow hill, the beautiful Christmas tree and other decorations, parades, and concerts during this Holiday in the Park season. There’s more information on the website:

https://holiday.sixflags.com/overtexas/things-to-do/

Bake Someone’s Day

Baking cookies for your friends, family, or neighbors can be fun, tasty, and make their day. Baking brings people together, so grab your mom or dad to help you or even invite your friends over, play some Christmas songs, and create both delicious desserts and fun memories. You can go with the classic sugar cookie or even some gingerbread men, give them to someone you care about to insure smiles and happiness. More information, ideas and free recipes here:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/holidays-and-parties/photos/top-holiday-cookies.html

Get Festive With Your Community

On Dec. 17th visit Russell Art Farm in Burleson and take pictures with adorable donkeys wearing antlers, listen to poetry, gaze at the Christmas trees decorated by members of the community and different organizations, holiday hayrides, and tours of the Russell-Boren house as well as the Art Gallery. If you get hungry there will be concessions featuring hot chocolate, coffee, cookies, and ice cream.

https://www.burlesontx.com/1723/Christmas-at-Russell-Farm

Help Someone Out

Help a less fortunate family have a more merry Christmas this year by donating to an “Angel Tree.” An angel tree helps provide gifts to a child or senior citizen of your choice. You can find them at locations such as the Hulen Mall in Fort Worth; the tree is decorated with paper angels featuring the gender, age, needs and wants of the needy child or senior in order to help you chose who you want to assist this holiday. Many families will be ecstatic to find out you payed a visit and helped them out. 

Hulen Mall
4800 S Hulen Street
Fort Worth, TX  76132
No matter what you decide to do over this Holiday Break make sure to have fun and cherish those important to you. We at the Owl Flight Newspaper wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays.