Home Is Where Spirit Is

Students across campus experienced their first home game of the season. They were gifted with a more than patriotic pep rally and a very spirited football game against Nolan Catholic High. The stadium was flooded with students and families who came to cheer on the beloved team.

Ryan Dumas and Brandon Parish, varsity members of the Fighting Owls football team both shared their pre-game feelings.

“I think everybody is excited and this game is going to be great,” Parish said. He and Dumas had high hopes and expectations for the game.

“You’ll see a lot of ball throwing; you’ll see a lot of back field stuff,” Dumas said. “It’s going to be a break it or make it kind of thing.” 

Morgan Leslie, drum major, and Peter Emerson, french horn section leader of the Spirit of Joshua Band also had some interesting feelings.

“I’m kind of nervous because we are doing both movements, and I have [a] solo, but I am excited,” Leslie said.

They both share similar expectations for the band as a whole.

“My expectations have been the same as they’ve always been; just go out and have fun,” Emerson said.

The football team fought bravely, the band did both of their movements really well, and there was an abundance of team spirit. Joshua games never cease to have a shortage of support for their student athletes.