• October 7How 'bout them Owls? Congratulations Fighting Owls!

• April 28Congratulations NJROTC! Joshua NJROTC is a Distinguished Unit with Academic Honors!!

• January 6Happy 2017!!!

Filed under Extras

10 Things to be Thankful for Over the Holidays

There are many things to be thankful for during the holiday season. It’s a time of eating good food, spending time with family and friends, and being thankful for the things you have.

1. As everyone knows, the holidays are a time of eating delicious food. Turkey, stuffing, and the many different pies are one of the highlights of this time of the year.
  2. Family is one of the most important parts of the holidays. Even though family can be hard to deal with sometimes, they’re always there for each other and this is a great time for catching up.
  3. The holidays give a much needed break from the stress and monotony of school. It’s a great time to watch new TV shows or catch up on some sleep.
  4. Hanging out with friends is another important highlight of the winter break. Friends can provide a source of fun if boredom strikes when staying home alone all day. Seeing the new Star Wars movie is a great way to hang out during the break.
  5. A new year is coming up, and it’s a great time to come up with New Year’s resolutions and celebrate 2016. It is a good idea to reminisce on the past year with people you love.
  6. Don’t forget to be thankful for your home and things that keep you warm during the winter. Snuggle up by the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate but don’t forget to be thankful for the roof above you, and for your fuzzy socks.
  7. Giving and receiving is the trademark of the holiday season. It’s wonderful to get gifts, but the feeling of giving is even better. Be thankful for the things you get, and the ones you already have.
  8. Holiday spirit makes everything better during the holidays. Seeing the Christmas decorations, the lights on houses, and the atmosphere of the season can turn even the grinchiest people into holiday lovers.
  9. Having a two week break allows for fun vacationing, and many people will travel for the holidays. Don’t forget to be thankful for transportation and the ability to travel, and being able to visit family.
  10. Last but not least, be thankful for being alive and having all the frivolous things in life. Some people don’t have all the things others have, and it’s easy to forget to be thankful. Appreciate the people around you and the things you have, because that’s the true reason for the holidays.