Filed under Entertainment

Talent at Joshua High School

Friday Nov. 18 teachers and student body members packed into the Acker Auditorium to watch their classmates and friends perform in the school’s Talent Show.

“I just go out there and have fun and do my thing,” junior Olivia Allen said. “For me it’s about singing – not the competition,” 

Allen sang Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley because she likes singing upbeat songs and that particular song is special to her.

“It was a pretty chill experience, except sometimes it was kind of hectic,” Allen said.

The crowd was full of smiles, laughter, and proud friends and peers, especially when the Sweet Hearts Dance Team performed.

“My team always does wonderful,” Dance Team Member Jayme Holloway said. “I feel proud of myself and my team, who is like family to me.”

Other than singers like Allen, and the Dance Team, there were skits performed by Student Council members, pianists, and the drum line performed at the end of the show.

“I especially liked Luke’s last performance, you know ROTC is always going to kill it and I love watching

the drum line,” Talent Show Judge and Teacher Celeste Zachry said.

This year, instead of choosing just one winner like in years past, the judges shocked the audience with two winners – one local student and one foreign exchange student: singer Alexia DeLa Cruz (12) and pianist Luka Bedoshvili (11) both share first place.

“Lexi was my favorite performer,” sophomore Giselle Da Silva said. “I’m very proud of her; she’s amazing.”

The talent show is always a great way to kick off Thanksgiving break and spend time with friends as well as raise much needed money for a more than worthy cause for StuCo.  All the money goes to buying new shoes for young kids in JISD during the holiday season.

“It was really great,” senior Kirsten Zachry said. “I’ve been to every talent show since I’ve been in high school this one was really cool, fun and the perfect way to raise money for Student Council.”                              

1 Comment

One Response to “Talent at Joshua High School”

1. Mrs. Brown on December 13th, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks for the great article. JHS really supports each other and it showed this year when we raised a record amount. Last Friday the Stuco provide shoes for ?? of our own little ones. Do you still want to give? We are accepting clothing donations for the district closet located at the high school, the canned food drive is still underway and we are fund raising for Christmas bicycles. Mrs. Adkins, her kids and many other groups are working hard help others. You can too.

Talent at Joshua High School